1. Prep for ACT/SAT
2.Research the differences between the college divisions (DI - DIII), junior college, private institutes, and any other college option.
2. Visit some of your college choices.Consider the following:
Size of the school/campus, location, weather, surrounding activities, academic status of the college, costs, social scene, greek life, academic expectations, etc.
3. Become an officer for a club, start getting community service hours and volunteer work, talk to teachers about possible recommendation for next year, and consider internships that coincide with your intended major.
1. Visit your top 2 schools.
2. Set up a meeting with the head of your intended major and talk with him/her while you are there.
3. Spend the night at the college and talk to students (other than your tour guides) about what the school is really like.
4. Get your recommendations in written form.
3. Fill out the FASFA (Free Application for Student Financial Aid)